Saturday, September 22, 2012

Weekend of keeping up

Last night was Friday Night Movie Night at Ocee Elementary School.  We took Conner and Griffin with us also.  Conner is Jacob's very best friend who moved this summer and is now going to another school.  They have kept up with seeing each other here and there on the weekends.  Since we were going back to their elementary school we though Conner and Griffin would have fun going also.

We picked the boys up and all went to Taco Mac for dinner.  We had cheese dip and chicken wings.  Griffin is hilarious.  I don't think I have been around a 8 year old boy who knows so much about professional baseball, professional football, and politics.  He was very open with telling us who he was going to vote for this presidential election.

The movie was the Lorax.  Matthew and I had not seen the movie and it was pretty good.  This was the best set-up for movie night I think they have had at Ocee.  At least they had the movie on the lawn instead of taking up one of the parking lots.

We were out pretty late.  Took Conner, Griffin home about 10:00 p.m.  Conner tried to pay me $50.00 to keep his little brother Griffin for the weekend.  Jacob stayed the night last night and will stay tonight also.

Layne had to be up and out by 7:00 a.m. for soccer pictures and then her game was at 9:00 a.m.

Here she is making her moves on offense the first half of the game.


























Then mom and I couldn't find her the 2nd half of the game - OMG - she played Goalie.  I hate it when she plays Goalie.  It is so hard to watch.  They scored 3 goals while Goalie and she blocked quite a few other attempts.


She looks ready for anything in this picture:


And here she saved the ball from goal and is kicking it back in to play. 



We went directly from soccer at 9:00 a.m. to baseball at 11:00 a.m.  Joshua was in a mood.  Didn't want to play, only wants to bat, "hates baseball".  Ugh!  I don't know why my kids don't want to do things.  Matthew carried him on to the field at the beginning of the game.  (you know, the man who isn't supposed to pick up anything heavier than 20 lbs. !!!)

They had Joshua playing 3rd Base one of the innings, you know, because he hates outfield.  He didn't pay anymore attention in this position. 



Here's Matthew helping our team at 1st base when up to bat.  That is Joshua when he made it to 1st after hitting off the tee.  (he does seem to be hitting off the tee more this season - but I think it might be the coach/pitcher)



This is Joshua running to 2nd base - I do not know how he did his arms this way to run.




And this always makes me laugh at the end of the game where they "high five" the other team - all the kids just have their arms / hands out and run at each other - too funny.





Joshua and Matthew are now selling popcorn for Cub Scouts.  I should get a picture or two when they get back.  My text update is that Joshua is doing great and sold $20.00 right when they got there.

I miss Jacob - it feels weird without him being with us - but I know he is having a great time at Conner's and needs the down time with a friend.





2 comments:

  1. Jennifer!! I hope this is my old U of K Alpha Xi friend...I can't believe I found you! God bless Google! Every year, when I unpack my tiny cross stitch Christmas ornaments, I promise myself I will track you down :) You have a beautiful family!! Hope you are well.
    Lisa Creech

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think of you often. Email me directly if you are able - jennifer.ganote@choa.org. Would LOVE to catch up wtih you.

      Delete